Reading Informational Text: Lessons For Common Core Mastery, Grade 4
Provide your fourth grade students with rigorous reading comprehension practice! Close reading, academic vocabulary, comprehension, and writing activities support Common Core learning paths. The informational texts cover grade-level content-area topics and a range of nonfiction text structures, such as compare and contrast, cause and effect, and time order.
Each of the 10 units presents a grade-appropriate nonfiction article and supporting activities that are easy to scaffold, including the following:
• dictionary page with content and academic vocabulary
• close reading activity
• reading comprehension activity
• vocabulary activity
• text structure activity
The unit culminates in a text-based writing assignment that can be used as an informal assessment.
Additional teacher support includes:
• Common Core State Standards correlations provided for every unit for easy reference
• Downloadable home-school connection activities and projects to extend learning at home
• Guided reading level to help identify appropriate texts for students Brand: Evan-Moor Educational Publishers UPC: 023472032041 ASIN: 1613689926 MPN: EMC3204
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers. Include an image for extra impact.